- Prep Time: 5 mins minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour minutes
Creamy Baked Acorn Squash
This elegant side dish needs almost no prep. Just pop the squash in the oven, then make the rest of the meal.
- acorn squash - 2 (1 pound each), halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
- salt and pepper
- heavy cream - 1/4 Cup
- thyme - 8 sprigs (or dried, sage is great too)
- parmesan cheese - 1/2 Cup grated
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Divide cream and thyme among halves.
Bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until cheese is melted and golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Recipe via: Martha Stewart