- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Coconut Beans & Rice
Rice cooked in coconut milk, enough said.
- jasmine rice - 1 1/2 Cups uncooked
- unsweeted coconut milk - 13.5 oz. can
- water - 1 Cup
- kidney beans - 15 oz. can, rinsed & drained
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp. (or olive oil)
- Thai red curry paste - 1 Tbsp.
- garlic - 3 cloves
- ginger - 2-3 Tbsp. freshly grated
- salt & pepper
- lime juice - 2-3 Tbsp. (or more to taste)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Thai red curry paste, garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
Add coconut milk, water and beans and bring to a boil then stir in rice, salt and pepper and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting). Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes, adding water if necessary.
When rice is tender, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
When ready to serve (not before), stir in lime juice, and cilantro.
Taste and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and additional lime juice to taste if desired.
Recipe via: Carlsbad Cravings